No doubt that many families will be traveling some distances this Thanksgiving holiday. Whether you are driving across town or much further, here are some tips to help keep you safe on the road:
- Plan ahead, know your route and itinerary, and share this information with relatives along with your vehicle description and license plate number.
- Check your vehicle for things such as proper tire pressure, wiper condition, spare tire, and fluids.
- Check the weather reports and road conditions.
- Pack snacks, water, and first aid supplies.
- Don't rush! Leave plenty of time for you travel.
- Slow down and increase following distance!
- Don't drive distracted! Put the phone down, let your passengers read the map and play with the radio. Keep your eyes on the road!
- Buckle up and wear your seat belt!
- Be responsible, don't drink and drive!