Trains will begin full schedule test runs along the Foothill Extension of the Metro Gold Line, on or about December 18, 2015. Trains and grade crossings will be active and functioning with only the absence of passengers.
Here are some safety tips from Metro:
- Use designated crossing areas and wait for the walk/crossing signal.
- If the gates are down, do not attempt to go around them, it’s against the law and unsafe.
- If a train is coming, be sure to stay behind the yellow warning stripes.
- Always stop, look, and listen for trains before crossing the tracks, and be sure to look both ways.
- Never race a train to a crossing.
- Never climb railroad vehicles or walk on the tracks.
- Before starting across the tracks, be sure there’s room for your vehicle to get completely across.
Both Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputies and Arcadia Police Officers will be actively enforcing traffic laws at all grade crossings and Gold Line Stations.
We have seen both pedestrian and vehicle vs. train collisions here in Los Angeles County and in the vast majority of collisions...the train wins! Saving a minute is not worth your life, or the life of someone else. Practice good safety and obey the laws pertaining to grade crossings. Look, Listen, and Live!