On Thursday, December 16, 2010, Detectives from the Arcadia Police Department were joined by personnel from State Parole, the Alhambra, Monterey Park, and San Gabriel Police Departments, for the purpose of conducting parole / probation compliance checks at 22 locations: Arcadia (7), Rosemead (7), San Gabriel (3), Temple City (1), and Alhambra (4). These checks targeted 23 subjects who are on active parole or probation, or who had outstanding arrest warrants. The majority of these subjects are either Asian gang associates or sex registrants.
Results of the compliance checks resulted in:
• 1 arrest for violation of parole
• 1 arrest for a felony warrant and probation hold
• 2 arrests for misdemeanor warrants
• Documentation for 1 violation of parole and 2 probation violations in order to seek future prosecution
• 18 of the 23 subjects were contacted during the compliance checks
Detectives from each of the law enforcement agencies involved came together after several incidents involving Asian gang members that occurred in Arcadia and Alhambra in late November. Arrests were made in those cases. Local investigators will continue to work together and this event is an excellent example of information sharing and the ongoing collective effort to combat gang activity in our communities.
Refer questions to Sergeant Jeremy Lachenmyer, Arcadia Police Department Special Enforcement Team, (626) 574-5183.