Personnel from the Arcadia Police Department Traffic Bureau conducted a vehicle checkpoint last night targeting unlicensed drivers and safety belt compliance. Traffic Officers were assisted by 4 Reserve Police Officers, several Volunteers in Patrol (VIPS), APD Police Cadets and Explorers, as well as Jan's Towing. The checkpoint was set-up on Santa Anita Avenue, south of Huntington Drive and ran from about 6:00-10:00 pm.
Here are some quick stats from the event:
- 1,400 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
- 100 vehicles and occupants were screened at the secondary inspection
- 10 misdemeanor arrests or citations for unlicensed, suspended or revoked licenses
- 2 warrant related arrests
- 9 vehicle storage or impounds
- 35 infraction citations for no license in possession along with 14 other citations for miscellaneous violations