From Mothers Against Drunk Driving:
It happens every day. Drunk drivers get on the roads, endangering our friends and loved ones. Sometimes, we witness these drivers on the road, weaving in and out of lanes or traveling down a highway going the wrong direction. Quite often, responsible citizens are left asking themselves—what do I do?
1. First, stay as far away from the other vehicle as possible.
2. Second, do not try to pass the vehicle or signal the driver to pull over. Doing so could result in a collision.
3. Third, take notice of the license plate number of the driver along with details of the vehicle including make, model and color. However, make sure you don’t compromise your own safety trying to obtain this information.
4. Finally, pull over and call 911. Give the exact location of the vehicle, including the name of the road or cross streets and the direction the vehicle is traveling. Give a complete description of the vehicle and the manner in which the vehicle is being driven.
5. Then leave the rest up to the peace officers who work hard to make our roads safe.
Thank you for caring and taking the time to make the roads safer for everyone.
© 2011 Mothers Against Drunk Driving. All Rights Reserved.