Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 30, 2012 at Holy Angels Catholic Church, 370 Campus Drive, Arcadia, CA, at 10:00 am. Interment will follow at Rose Hills Memorial Park, 3888 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA. To accommodate the expected attendance, associated fire apparatus, and the procession, the following road closures will take place in the City of Arcadia:
• Closed to all vehicle traffic & parking, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, Holly Avenue to El Monte Avenue. There will be limited access to Campus Drive from Santa Anita Avenue and El Monte Avenue through 8:30 am, to accommodate Arcadia High School (AHS) traffic. Student parking will be allowed on Campus Drive, east of El Monte Avenue, providing the vehicles are parked prior to 8:30 am.
• Closed to all vehicle traffic, 8:30 am to 10:00 am, Holly Avenue to Santa Anita Avenue. AHS may be accessed from Duarte Road during this time.
Santa Anita Avenue
• Closed to all vehicle traffic, 8:30 am to 9:30 am, Duarte Road to Fano Street.
• Northbound closed to all vehicle traffic, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, Huntington Drive to IS 210 Freeway.
• Eastbound vehicle traffic toward Campus Drive will be diverted to southbound Holly Avenue, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
• Westbound left turn lanes at Holly Avenue closed, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
• Eastbound left turn lanes at Baldwin Avenue, Gate 1, and La Cadena Avenue closed, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.
• Northbound closed to all vehicle traffic, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, Fairview Avenue to Huntington Drive.
• Closed to all vehicle traffic, 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, at Campus Drive.
Traffic will be extremely congested during the listed time periods. Use alternate routes or avoid the area during this time, if at all possible. If dropping off a student at AHS, we suggest arriving at least 15 minutes early on Monday. Consider dropping off your student outside the listed closures and allowing them to walk. The closures should not impact pick-up from AHS at the end of the school day.
The road closures and procession will also impact access to the Westfield Shoppingtown between 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. The procession will travel west on Huntington Drive from Holly Avenue, and northbound on Baldwin Avenue. Access to the mall will be limited during the procession.
Alternative routes may include Foothill Boulevard or Duarte Road for east-west traffic, and Rosemead Boulevard or Second Avenue for north-south traffic.
Should you have any questions pertaining to the services or closures, please contact the Arcadia Fire Department Public Information Officer Beth Stogner at 626.574.5112 or the on-duty Battalion Chief at 626.574.5102.